Sunday, July 3, 2011

The truth about darkness

A couple of weeks ago I walked off a cliff, into darkness.... I had no idea it was coming. But it is a darkness I know well. A darkness I thought I had defeated.

There are things I’ve learnt about the darkness....

In the darkness it is hard to tell a truth from a lie.
Yet somehow a voice* makes its way through the haze today.
“You do not belong to the darkness. The darkness is only passing."
In a moment of clarity, I know I have a choice.

I can believe a lie.
I can believe the truth....
I do not belong to the darkness.

“....its truth is seen in him and in you, because the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining.” 1 John 2:8 TNIV
“You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.” 1 Thessalonians 5:5 TNIV

*much thanks to Mars Hill Bible Church’s Podcast and Rob Bell’s message from 29/5

No comments: