Monday, April 16, 2012

I Spy Beauty...

A weekly post of beauty seen, heard or discovered

On the road from West Wyalong to Hay. I didn't know such red dirt existed in NSW.
Just outside Hay, the intense greenery of post-flood land.
Floods are devastating, but the colours on this day were stunning.
On the Hay Plain, one of the flattest places on earth. A magical Easter Sunday morning.
Henley Beach, Adelaide.
I do love jetty's
The colour of the sea in South Australia is breathtaking.
Port Willunga, south of Adelaide.
Hugh Hamilton Vineyards, McLaren Vale (south-east of Adelaide).
This past week I saw parts of the Australian country as I road-tripped with my mum to visit my sister in Adelaide.
It was definitely BEAUTIFUL.
God put on a magical colour show for me- none of the above pictures have any filters! I felt my soul being recharged as I watched the scenery go by me on the drive; I didn't want to nap in case I missed out on any of it.

Seeing the flooding, and it's aftermath, in south-western NSW was also amazing. My mum can not recall ever seeing the land so green. I reflected on this in my journal the day we drove through...
"I know that flooding can cause farmers just as much damage and difficulty as drought, but when the floodwaters have receded it looks as if the land is so full of life and better than ever. It is sad that our world and environment are experiencing such extremes from droughts to large floods, that communities are forced to struggle to make a living so dependent on the seasons of weather. And yet seeing the countryside recovering and rejuvenating itself was phenomenal."

All in all, it was a week filled with seeing beauty in God's creation.... I am so grateful.

No comments: