Sunday, December 2, 2012

I Spy Beauty...

a weekly (sometimes) post of beauty seen, heard or discovered

I am finally free of uni work and very excited about getting back into blogging. For a little taste, my latest I Spy Beauty... is a song I heard for the first time a few weeks back, in the middle of absolute chaos and overwhelming stress.

Beautiful  

By Matthew Mayfield 
withered and gold–
an autumn leaf blows
need you more proof….
of the treasures in the Fallen
and the retreat to youth
a little more grace
a little less haste….
nature needs room
she’s gotta whisper the secrets
that put you back in bloom
cus’ you’re alive….alive….alive…
will you receive
that i believe
you’re beautiful
will you receive
that i can see
you’re beautiful
how did i fall, how did i run dry?
how did i lose, how did i lie?
i’m gonna let you down,
let you down with truth
the echo of my whispers
–meaningless to you
but i wanna figure this out,
figure this out…so you
can finally hear the angels
screaming back at you…



I've always struggled to know my own worth. And I've often needed "more proof.../of treasures in the Fallen". When I'm especially vulnerable- such as stressed out of my brain with finishing a degree- I find it even harder to hear the voice that calls out to me, and all of us, telling us we're a beautiful.

This was a particularly poignant reminder that no matter whether I finish a degree or find a lifelong partner or make it as a writer.... I am beautiful. So are you!

No comments: