Monday, May 30, 2011

#1 Light Outside

I decided last night that in an effort to get writing again I would challenge myself to write 10 blogs in the next 10 days.... and then today happened.... so I really don't feel like blogging or saying much out loud (aka in type) at all. But here goes.



Well, it not really a blog, but this song by one of my favourite bands - Wakey! Wakey! -has become an absolute haven for me this past year. It is a poignantly beautiful and hopeful song. It is a song about our need for each other, our need for the hope and grace that comes through (real) relationship.

And this song has taken on a whole different level because my dear friend, mentor and the man who, along with his family, 'saved' and cared for me in my darkest moments is facing a very uncertain future - and possibly his fourth brain surgery in 12 months. In my own pain and confusion I long to speak light and hope in a dark situation.

We all should....

No comments: